As the numbers of people and countries affected by the rapid spread of the Coronavirus also know as COVID-19 increase, we at StorageBox want all of our customers to stay safe. As usual there is a lot of conflicting information with everyone out there being an expert but knowing very little at the same time.
Since yesterday the 12th March 2020, all schools, creches and third-level education institutes are now closed. This is to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
At StorageBox, we want to let you know that we are responding to the challenges that the Coronavirus presents to our business and we intend to give the best possible service at this difficult time.
Around lunchtime yesterday, we noticed a spike in the number of enquiries from Students for our StudentBox self storage container. This is from students who are from abroad and want to return home early. https://www.storagebox.ie/student-storage/
For example, the Royal College of Surgeons has advised all students to go home and that courses will be continued online – COVID-19 (coronavirus) update by RCSI.
This has created an early need for our summer storage for students. We at StorageBox are happy to provide our services as always. With StorageBox we can deliver the Storage unit to the residences of the student. This is a safe way to get your items stored while limiting interactions with the general public, need for van hire, taxis etc. By limiting interactions you will be following the World Health Organisation guidelines on measures to take in order to protect against the Coronavirus.
For customers who have their goods currently stored with us. There is no danger of the virus contaminating their goods as they are stored safely in our alarmed warehouse.
For customers who have booked the use of our services during these times we do have the following extra sensible guidelines and precautions in place:
- Our drivers will not shake hands when we arrive to drop or collect your StorageBox
- We suggest wearing gloves to handle all goods being loaded into a StorageBox
- Please wash/sanitise your hands before and after loading your StorageBox
- Please wash/sanitise your hands when opening and closing the doors of your StorageBox
- Disinfectant wipes can be used to wipe down handles of doors, combination locks and anything that comes into contact to anyone not in your immediate circle
- If you are not well, a confirmed/ unconfirmed case or have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 please let us know immediately so our staff can take extra precautions as per instructions by HSE.
If you do have one of our services booked, there is no problem if you wish to change your booking dates in the interest of general safety, You can contact us on one of our many different channels.
Many thanks from all the team and stay safe!