Moving house can be tough, really tough. But you don’t have to do it alone. Help and preparations can make for a mostly stress free move. To help you with this, we have come up with tips on destressing your move.
Storing furniture and other items in advance can really help a move run smoothly. As we talked about in another one of our blogs (How can StorageBox help you sell your house?), decluttering and depersonalising your home are essential. There are many other websites with information on how to sell your house and all of them with tell you that these two factors are very important. Mortgages.ie have fantastic advice on selling houses. SherryFitzgerald have a very informative website on selling your home, this website includes a video named ‘Dress to Impress’ on preparing your home to get the best chance of a buyer and the best price.
You may not be selling your home but could be moving from a rental home into your own new home or between rental properties. There is a big challenge with where to put all of your belongings while you sell your house or sometimes there is a period between when you have moved out and when you can move into your new home.
Temporary storage between moves or for decluttering and depersonalising your home can be a lot of effort on your own, but StorageBox in Dublin can make the chore much less difficult. Instead of trying to find a place to hide away your possessions only to take them out and move them later is too much effort for people already stretched for time and energy. StorageBox can make this easier.
So here’s how it works:
- Firstly, you have decided what furniture and other items must be removed from your home;
- You order a StorageBox to come to your home on the day of your choice. You would be amazed at how much you can fit into a StorageBox. Most people only require one StorageBox unless you are moving out completely. We can help you to decide what you need.
- Your StorageBox will arrive with all the packing materials you need inside – From cardboard Boxes, tape, bubble wrap and protective wrapping, StorageBox can supply it all!
- The StorageBox will arrive to your house on your chosen day. You pack your possessions into the container in a way that you are happy that they are safe.
- The StorageBox is then locked by you and then removed for safe storage at our storage facility.
- You can then focus on selling your home and finding a new one. Once you are ready to receive your belongings, you book the StorageBox to be returned to you at your new home.
- The StorageBox will arrive, with everything still safely locked in the container.
It really is that simple.
When packing put heavy items in small boxes. This will make them easier to carry. Larger boxes can hold light objects. We suggest that you pack items that you don’t use regularly before things you feel like you will need. Otherwise you will be looking for that iron you use every morning when actually it’s under 5kg of other things. Other tip would be to get rid of items you don’t think you will ever need. It will make packing a lot easier if you have less things to pack. Finally eat all the food you have before moving. I doubt too many will bring food to their new residence. Especially refrigerated or frozen goods.
Set yourself reminders. It’s easy to forget things and when packing or moving, you really don’t want to forget something important. Write lists set reminder or alarms on your phone and leave yourself notes. If you have to change something important like your bank or postal details, make sure you don’t forget. This is a stressful time in your life but leaving reminders could make remembering everything that bit easier.
So to wrap this up, to make moving house that bit easier you should do these few simple things.
Declutter, don’t procrastinate, be smart with the way you pack, set yourself reminders and let StorageBox help make sure your items are kept safe in between and delivered to your new home.